[tz] Chile to end DST earlier this year?

Glenn Eychaner geychaner at mac.com
Fri Feb 14 12:16:21 UTC 2014

Nothing official has been announced at:

http://www.horaoficial.cl/cambio_hora.html

A quick search of newspapers for 'horario de invierno' also turns up nothing.  However, keep in mind that Chile is in the midst of a government change; the inauguration of the new government is 11 March, and IIRC if the old government does nothing, the time change reverts to the old rule (March 8).

I have no idea what to do about this. I knew making the new rule permanent would cause trouble.

-G.

--
Glenn Eychaner (geychaner at lco.cl)
Telescope Systems Programmer, Las Campanas Observatory