[tz] Chile Time Change

José Miguel Garrido jgarrido at zweicom.com
Tue Feb 18 19:49:12 UTC 2014

Chile official time, time zones of their territory and start and end
dates of summer time were defined by Decreto Supremo in 1970. That
indicates that DST rules from 24 hours on the second Saturday of October
until 24 hours on the second Saturday in March. In the years 2010, 2011,
2012 and 2013 the start and end dates of summer time were changed for 4
Decrees, which modified the start and end dates for each of those years.
Therefore, the change was not permanent (although dates in 2011, 2012
and 2013 coincided). That's why, while a new decree does not appear to
alter dates to 2014, is kept ending date of daylight saving 24 hours of
the second Saturday in March (Sun, 9 Mar 2014 3:00 UTC). To date, no
official information on whether this year will occur a change of dates.

--
José Miguel Garrido
Jefe Área de Soporte

ZWEICOM