[tz] Chile Time Change

Brian Inglis Brian.Inglis at systematicsw.ab.ca
Wed Feb 19 17:35:15 UTC 2014

Cleaned up Google Translate of first section of http://www.diariooficial.interior.gob.cl//media/2014/02/19/do-20140219.pdf:

SECRETARIAT OF THE INTERIOR

AMENDING SUMMER TIME SET FORTH IN THE DECREES No. 1,489, OF 1970, AND No. 1,142, 1980, BOTH OF THE MINISTRY OF THE INTERIOR

No. 307 - Santiago, January 30, 2014 - Regarding: The provisions of Article 32 No. 6 of the Constitution of the Republic, in Article 1 of Law No. 20,502, in the supreme decrees Nos. 1489, 1970, and 1142, 1980, both by the Ministry of the Interior, and Resolution No. 1,600, of 2008, by the Comptroller General of the Republic, and

Whereas:

1. In hydrological terms, the year 2013 provided rainfall below normal in much of the country, which has resulted in lower river tributaries available for hydropower generation and irrigation.
2. That one of the main foundations for extending the duration of summer time corresponds to savings in electricity consumption product better use of natural light.
3. The Ministry of Energy, through communication No. 88, dated January 21, 2014, recommended to renew this year the modification time arranged by Supreme Decree N° 153 of 2013, for the reasons indicated therein.
4. Grounds that determines the desirability of extending DST ordered by Supreme Decrees Nos. 1489, 1970, and 1142, 1980, both by the Ministry of the Interior, and their amendments.

Decree :

*Article One:* Amend Presidential Decree No. 1,489, of 1970, by the Ministry of Interior, in the following sense:
Provides that the advancement of Continental Chile official time provisions of Presidential Decree No. 1,489, of 1970, the Ministry of Interior in regard to 2014, will extend until midnight on the last Saturday in April, and resume from midnight on the first Saturday in September.
*Article Two:* Amend Presidential Decree No. 1,142, of 1980, as amended by Presidential Decree No. 61 of 1982, both by the Ministry of the Interior, in the following sense:
Provides that the advancement of the official time of Western Insular Chile provisions of Presidential Decree No. 1142 of 1980, as amended by Presidential Decree No. 61 of 1982, both by the Ministry of the Interior, in relation to 2014, will run until midnight on the last Saturday in April, and resume from midnight on the first Saturday in September.
Signed, regulated and published.- ANDRES CHADWICK PIÑERA, Vice President.- Rodrigo Ubilla Mackenney, Minister of Interior and Public Security (S).
Forwarded for your information.- Attention of, Maria Claudia Alemparte Rodríguez, Acting Secretary of the Interior.

--
Take care. Thanks, Brian Inglis

--
Take care. Thanks, Brian Inglis