[tz] Turkey to delay DST

Øyvind A. Holm sunny at sunbase.org
Wed Feb 26 18:05:59 UTC 2014

On 26 February 2014 18:29, Lester Caine <lester at lsces.co.uk> wrote:
> Øyvind A. Holm wrote:
> > Tim Parenti wrote:
> > > This change has already been discussed and pushed to the
> > > experimental repository at https://github.com/eggert/tz/[...] and
> > > https://github.com/eggert/tz/commit/[...] There has not yet been
> > > an official release.
> >
> > Experimetal? I think it would be a great solution to have the
> > official
> > tz database placed in a Git repo somewhere, and GitHub is a nice
> > place
> > to put it. Are there any other official tz repositories somewhere?
>
> The experimental version IS on github. But github is not the best
> place to manage releases! Only developing the next release.

I agree on that. But it would be nice to have an official "blessed"
location where the development happens so we get a full authoritative
history of the changes. But it seems as github.com/eggert/tz/ is the
most "official" repository at the moment, and based on Paul's history
with the project, it seems as the correct place to have it for now. If
there should be some changes in that opinion (GitHub getting difficult
or something), it's easy to push it somewhere else. I was just wondering
if that repo is recognised as the official place where all the good
stuff happens, and it looks like that to me.

Regards,
Øyvind