[tz] CIA confused about Cedros Island time zone?

Steve Jones stevejones at OnTimeZone.com
Thu Feb 6 00:10:47 UTC 2014

At 15:48 2/5/2014, vanadovv at hetnet.nl wrote:
>My 2 cents:
>(1) Isla Cedros is part of Ensenada, Baja California
><http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isla_Cedros>http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isla_Cedros

Correct.  Baja is Pacific time, Baja Sur is mountain time.

>(2) The aeroport seems to be on UTC-7
><http://worldaerodata.com/wad.cgi?id=MX00386&sch=MM10>http://worldaerodata.com/wad.cgi?id=MX00386&sch=MM10

I believe there is a good chance that record is incorrect.  If so it
probably has its roots in the original CIA error.

http://www.gcmap.com/airport/CDI shows it to be Pacific Time, UTC-8 (DST-7).

I've sent an email to the two airlines that report offering charter
service to the Island, seeking clarification.  The airport itself
appears to be just an unmanned paved airstrip, so I don't know who
else to contact for confirmation.

Regards,

Steve Jones
[]