[tz] Chile Time Change

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Wed Feb 26 19:26:59 UTC 2014

On 02/25/2014 12:49 PM, Rodrigo Freire wrote:
> IMO we should write a new patch defining the Chile DST __End in 2015__ to
> the __default__ date

The tz data tries to predict the future as best we can (of course we
make mistakes, but there it is).  If our best guess is that Chile will
revert to the 1970 decree, then we should do that; if it's that Chile
will continue next year much as it has this year, then we should do that
instead.  Whether our guess conforms to the current legal default is
less important than whether our guess turns out to be correct in practice.