[tz] Non-valid timezones, is there a rule to remove them?

Tim Parenti tim at timtimeonline.com
Thu Jan 23 02:25:57 UTC 2014

On 22 January 2014 21:05, Fabiano Fidêncio <fabiano at fidencio.org> wrote:

> Would you guys accept a patch removing the not-used-anymore ones?

Generally speaking, no.  If the history is different between Novosibirsk
and Almaty (as we have), then we retain both zones for historical
conversion purposes.

If the data we have is wrong, that's another matter.  We currently have
Novosibirsk as observing UTC+7 year-round since March 2011.  If they
switched back to UTC+6, do you know when they did so, or have any news
reports documenting the change?

--
Tim Parenti