[tz] Fwd: Fwd: [apps-discuss] Proposed working group: Timezone Data Distribution Service (tzdist)

Barry Leiba barryleiba at computer.org
Sun Jul 6 14:59:13 UTC 2014

Tobias Conradi wrote:
> would be nice if you could fix "timezone" to "time zone".

I have changed the -04 version of the charter...
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-tzdist/
...accordingly (and I've asked the Secretariat to fix the working
group name, which is a field I can't modify).

Assuming the working group is chartered, the text of its documents can
be similarly fixed as part of its work.

And thanks very much for the comments.  If you have further comments
on the charter, please post them to <apps-discuss at ietf.org>, as that's
where people are following the charter discussion for now.

Time line:
The charter is on the agenda for initial IESG approval on Thursday (10
July).  Assuming it is approved then, it will go out for "external
review", with messages on the ietf-announce and new-work mailing lists
(and I'll make sure it's posted here as well).  It will then go back
to the IESG for final charter approval, which will likely happen on 7
August.

Barry, Applications Area Director