[tz] Fwd: Proposal to rename zone.tab to region.tab

Alan Barrett apb at cequrux.com
Wed Jul 23 13:08:07 UTC 2014

On Wed, 23 Jul 2014, Alan Barrett wrote:
>On Sun, 20 Jul 2014, Tobias Conradi wrote:
>>Proposal to rename
>>ftp://ftp.iana.org/tz/data/zone.tab
>>ftp://ftp.iana.org/tz/data/region.tab
>>
>>Reason:
>>[...]
>
>I agree that region.tab is a better name than zone.tab for this file.

Sorry, I thought that I was supporting the idea of renaming the
recently-introduced file, which is actually called time.tab, not
zone.tab.

For the file that has existed for many years, called zone.tab,
I think that renaming it would be a bad idea.  So I'd like to
retract my support for the proposal to rename it.

--apb (Alan Barrett)