[tz] Fwd: Proposal to rename zone.tab to region.tab

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Wed Jul 23 14:39:28 UTC 2014

On 07/23/2014 09:03 AM, Tobias Conradi wrote:
> Maybe the new time.tab could get the name region.tab.
I take the point that the name 'time.tab' can be improved upon, but I'd
like something better than 'region.tab'.  The entries in time.tab are
Zone IDs (in the sense of zic input files), and I'd rather not use a
different word "region" to refer to what zic calls "zones".

The intent is that the new file contain one zone for each area where
localtime clocks (including time zone abbreviations) have agreed since
1970.  So perhaps 'zone-1970.tab' would be a better name.