[tz] Proposed reversions, for moving forward

Tim Parenti tim at timtimeonline.com
Sun Jul 27 23:33:22 UTC 2014

I propose the attached patches, described as follows, be applied to the
master branch of our repository so that we have a stable starting point
from which to adopt better Git practices moving forward.  To assist in
review, I have pushed these commits to
https://github.com/timparenti/tz-experimental/commits/revert-eggert-2014-07.

The first patch aims to revert, in their entirety, Paul’s three commits
related to zone-linking, dated 2014-07-08, -09, and -15.  Further work on
this effort should be done on a new and separate branch.

The second patch aims to revert, in their entirety, Paul’s two commits
related to the introduction of time.tab, dated 2014-07-18 and -19.  Further
work on this effort should be done on a new and separate branch.

The third, fourth, and fifth patches reapply changes cherry-picked from the
above commits which relate to data and are less controversial.

These are relative to the current state of master at
87163d184d7cc0c704d2b505adcfb23528203951
<https://github.com/eggert/tz/commit/87163d184d7cc0c704d2b505adcfb23528203951>,
dated Tue Jul 22 20:54:19 2014 -0700.

--
Tim Parenti