[tz] 2014f and Russia

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Thu Jul 31 20:47:25 UTC 2014

Deborah Goldsmith wrote:
> may I suggest that we expedite the release of the changes for Russia in 2014f, and defer any contentious changes to a subsequent release?

We could release just the Russia changes, but I think it'd be better to
hash out differences one way or another on the relatively minor issues
that have seen so much email recently, so that downstream users can do
proper integration testing as mentioned by Andy Heninger a couple of
weeks ago.  This shouldn't take too long (I'm thinking days rather than
weeks) and should give a reasonable amount of lead time for the
late-October Russia changes.