[tz] Canada/East-Saskatchewan

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Thu Jul 31 21:00:49 UTC 2014

Chris Walton wrote:
> If Canada/East-Saskatchewan means anything at all, one might assume it refers to  "eastern Saskatchewan" as defined in the Saskatchewan Time Act.

Perhaps that's what it *should* mean, but when it was last a zone in the
tz database (in 93f) it merely meant "CST without daylight saving".  Or,
more precisely:

Zone Canada/East-Saskatchewan -6:00 - CST # No DST as of 1987

I think it was named before we realized that most of Saskatchewan was
like that.  So America/Regina is a reasonable link for it nowadays.