[tz] Crimea to switch to Moscow Time as of March 30, 2014

Alexander Krivenyshev worldtimezone at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 17 14:58:35 UTC 2014

Paul Eggert <eggert <at> cs.ucla.edu> writes:

> Alexander Krivenyshev wrote:
>
> > http://voiceofrussia.com/news/2014_03_17/Crimea-to-switch-to-Moscow-
Time-as-
> > of-March-30-8334/
>
> Thanks for the heads-up.  That notice says that they'll switch to Moscow
> Time at 2pm, which means they'd advance their clocks by an hour once at
> 01:00 UTC (03:00 local time) and once again at 14:00 local time.  Do you
> think they'll really do that, or do you think that the notice or
> translation is incorrect and Crimea will simply advance the clocks by
> two hours at 01:00 UTC (03:00 local time)?

I think that translation was incorrect, as most of other news (in russian)
http://ria.ru/world/20140317/999818828.html
http://vz.ru/news/2014/3/17/677464.html

says time change at 2:00 (2am) on March 30, 2014:

"To establish across the Republic of Crimea the time standard in accordance
with the third time zone with the time change at 2:00 on March 30, 2014, by
moving the clock two hours forward"

Alexander Krivenyshev,
http://www.worldtimezone.com