[tz] Crimea to switch to Moscow Time as of March 30, 2014

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Thu Mar 20 18:16:59 UTC 2014

On 03/20/2014 08:50 AM, lennox at cs.columbia.edu wrote:
> why did the region end up being described as "central Crimea" in zone.tab?
Sorry, I don't recall, but I expect it had something to do with
Sevastopol naval bases and/or city observing Moscow time regardless of
what the rest of Crimea did.  That usage is already supported by
TZ='Europe/Moscow'.  Moving forward, I thought it would be less
confusing for tzselect users if the description said just "Crimea" for
the time in non-naval-base Crimea, since the folks who want to set their
clocks to Moscow time far into the distant past should already know to
use TZ='Europe/Moscow'.  Plus, "central Crimea" wasn't quite right
either, as the Simferopol zone is more than just the central part of Crimea.