[tz] tzcode-2014c breaks applications that use the binary tz files

Leonardo Chiquitto leonardo.lists at gmail.com
Fri May 23 17:27:16 UTC 2014

Hi,

After updating to 2014c, we've received a couple of reports
of applications that started to misbehave (show wrong times).
One example is the clock applet from Gnome3 (the one in the
panel) which, on my machine, shows the time with a -7 minutes
offset.

Reverting these recent changes from zic(1) resolves the problem:

7fb077a9f zic: improve handling of low-valued time stamps
2586e998c zic: revert Macquarie-specific changes

Leonardo