[tz] tzcode-2014c breaks applications that use the binary tz files

James Cloos cloos at jhcloos.com
Mon May 26 21:41:58 UTC 2014

PE> I think this possible bug is less likely than the GNOME bug, so I'm
PE> inclined try the Big Bang and see whether it breaks anything compared
PE> to 2014b.

I'd go with -(2^60), though, as (you?) first suggested, rather than any
estimate of the bang.  The value should be constant and avoid anything
which could lead to a future flame war should estimates change.

Its also easier to read/spot in binary, octal or hex.

Put another way, as long as it uses integers mod a power of two, use a
power of two.

-JimC
--
James Cloos <cloos at jhcloos.com>         OpenPGP: 0x997A9F17ED7DAEA6