[tz] Fiji DST Oct 26

Tim Parenti tim at timtimeonline.com
Wed Oct 15 01:36:49 UTC 2014

On 14 October 2014 20:43, <Paul_Koning at dell.com> wrote:

> No one is forcing anything, but the authorities may want to consider the
> fact that global databases can’t be updated overnight.  So while it would
> be convenient to be able to make a decision one day ahead of time, it isn’t
> actually practical to do so.  If you want the rest of the world to be able
> to deal with the rules, they need to be communicated with some lead time.

Indeed, looking through some old commentary in the database, I've been
surprised what a well-directed phone call explaining these points has been
able to accomplish in some cases.

Lacking official guidance, though, does anyone happen to know how airlines
operating in the area are basing their planning?

--
Tim Parenti