[tz] Carving shapes

Tim Parenti tim at timtimeonline.com
Thu Oct 16 16:24:52 UTC 2014

Jim,

The commentary in the relevant portions of the 'europe' file attempts to
detail the scope of each zone, in terms of the political subdivisions of
Russia.

Back in August, Blake Crosby and I had a brief discussion about how to find
good geometries for these subdivisions, but we hadn't found much.
https://github.com/blakecrosby/tz-map/issues/1

Eric Muller has created shapefiles in the past for some versions of tz
data.  On his http://efele.net/maps/tz/russia/ page, he shares an
"ingredients" file at
http://efele.net/maps/tz/russia/tz_russia_ingredients.zip which may be of
some use.