[tz] zdump bug in Asia/Singapore

Alan Barrett apb at cequrux.com
Tue Sep 9 09:16:54 UTC 2014

On Mon, 08 Sep 2014, Tim Parenti wrote:
> It does seem easier to calculate things the way you've done.
> Certainly leap seconds at 23:59:60Z would complicate this.  If
> there's some elegant way of saying something along the lines
> of "inclusive of the start year except exclusive of its first
> instant, and exclusive of the end year except inclusive of its
> first instant", which is what we currently have, then we should
> at least include that in the docs.

Why not include both ends, such that a transition at the exact
instant that separates year N from year N+1 would appear both at
the end of the output from "zdump -c N,N+1", and at the beginning
of the output from "zdump -c N+1,N+2", but would appear only once
in the middle of the output from "zdump -C N,N+2".

--apb (Alan Barrett)