[tz] Belarus is listed in MSK timezone

Peter Ilieve peter at aldie.co.uk
Thu Apr 9 19:59:52 UTC 2015

Hank W. <hankw1 at austin.rr.com> wrote:

> Furthermore, I would like very, very much to see ISO-3166-based replacements
> for at least some of the ambiguous abbreviations.  In my opinion, saying
> that IST means UTC+1 AND UTC+2 AND UTC+5:30 is as ludicrous as if an inch
> were equal to 2.54 cm AND 3 cm AND 4 cm.  For example,...
> Change Irish Summer Time from IST to IEST.

Remember that we are descriptive rather than prescriptive. I can’t
speak for the Irish, but you would have a hard job trying to get
GMT and BST (another ambiguous abbreviation signifying UTC+1)
changed to GBT and GBST or GBDT.

> Change China Standard Time from CST to CNST.

And, of course, change the other version of this ambiguous CST
abbreviation to USST.

Hmm, maybe this isn’t such a good idea after all. :-)

		Peter Ilieve