[tz] Micronations?

Matt Johnson mj1856 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 24 21:48:36 UTC 2015

I read an article today about a newly formed country:http://www.businessinsider.com/liberland-this-newly-declared-microcountry-wants-to-become-the-worlds-foremost-tax-haven-2015-4

Which got me thinking - What is the rule/guideline for tzdb treatment of micronations?  According to it's wikipedia article (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberland), it's currently following CET/CEST.  It's on the Croatia/Serbia border, so if modeled in the TZDB it would probably be something simple like:
Link Europe/Belgrade Europe/Liberpolis	# Liberland
Now, I'm not suggesting we add this now - but just wondering at what point we would recognize a micronation?  If they were granted an ISO3166 country code, would they show up in zone.tab/zone1970.tab?  If they changed their time zone or DST rules, should they get their own zone entry?   What if they were never recongnized broadly, but still changed their time conventions?  Do we have a policy on this?
For that matter - is there a list of general policies documented anywhere?