[tz] North Korea into +8:30 time zone

Robert Elz kre at munnari.OZ.AU
Sat Aug 8 03:35:23 UTC 2015

    Date:        Fri, 07 Aug 2015 17:28:46 -0700
    From:        Paul Eggert <eggert at cs.ucla.edu>

  | Korea regardless of whether it was North (+0900) or South (+0830) Korea.
  | However, this was purely my invention, as far as I know it has no basis

Lots of the abbreviations were "inventions" - very many zones have no
concept of a name (and hence, or an abbreviation of a name) for the time.

But the API requires one, so we have to (and had to) provide something.

Further, after (about) 30 years of use, the abbreviations that were
invented have become, at least, familiar, even if not really understood,
and changing them for no good reason would not serve any useful purpose.

Just leave Korea (both parts) as KST as they (mostly) always have been.

kre