[tz] propagation of North Korea and Uruguay changes

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Thu Aug 13 15:01:16 UTC 2015

As part of routine system updates my Ubuntu 15.04 desktop now has 2015f's
changes for North Korea and Uruguay.  Ubuntu is downstream from Debian, so I
assume other Debian-derived distributions also have the update;
<http://metadata.ftp-master.debian.org/changelogs//main/t/tzdata/tzdata_2015f-1_changelog>
says the Debian patch is dated 2015-08-11 19:56:35 +0200.
<https://access.redhat.com/articles/1187353> says Red Hat takes at least five
business days for QA and estimates their patch will be available for
installation by tomorrow, which would be right around the time of North Korea's
time zone change.

Microsoft says an update for Windows in North Korea is planned by early
September
<http://blogs.technet.com/b/dst2007/archive/2015/08/07/upcoming-windows-dst-update-for-north-korea.aspx>.

I assume North Korea's own Red Star OS will be updated in time, though I don't
know how to check this.  <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Star_OS>