[tz] FYI Time zone used in Fort Pierre SD USA

Matt Johnson mj1856 at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 25 01:55:29 UTC 2015

Aha!  You're right:  That's in section (g) of the same statute.
(g) Municipalities on boundary line. All municipalities located upon the zone boundary line described in this section are in the mountain standard time zone, except Murdo, S. Dak., which is in the central standard time zone.
It's interesting that it calls out Murdo as being in Central, as Murdo is not along the boundary line.  It's clear into the Central time zone anyway.  You'd think it would say something about Fort Pierre.
So Fort Pierre then is indeed officially in the Mountain time zone, but chooses to observe Central - that should be in the commentary for sure.
Cheers!-Matt