[tz] Fwd: Quintana Roo change to EST?

Carlos Raúl Perasso crperasso at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 12:14:27 UTC 2015

The decree that modifies the Mexican Hour System Law has finally been
published at the Diario Oficial de la Federación (
http://www.dof.gob.mx/nota_detalle.php?codigo=5380123&fecha=31/01/2015). It
establishes 5 zones for Mexico:

1- Zona Centro (Central Zone): Corresponds to longitude 90 W, includes most
of Mexico, excluding what's mentioned below.
2- Zona Pacífico (Pacific Zone): Longitude 105 W, includes the states of
Baja California Sur; Chihuahua; Nayarit (excluding Bahía de Banderas which
lies in Central Zone); Sinaloa and Sonora.
3- Zone Noroeste (Northwest Zone): Longitude 120 W, includes the state of
Baja California.
4- Zona Sureste (Southeast Zone): Longitude 75 W, includes the state of
Quintana Roo.
5- The islands, reefs and keys shall take their timezone from the longitude
they are located at.

Data in v. 2015a reflect these changes.

Saludos,

Carlos