[tz] Positive leap second on 2015-06-30.

Ian Abbott abbotti at mev.co.uk
Thu Feb 5 17:31:15 UTC 2015

On 05/02/15 16:20, Paul_Koning at dell.com wrote:
>> On Feb 5, 2015, at 10:38 AM, Paul Eggert <eggert at cs.ucla.edu> wrote:
>> On 02/05/2015 06:51 AM, Levine, Judah Dr. wrote:
>>> I would have expected that you would not parse a comment line and
>>> would skip to the newline character when you read one.
>>
>> Yes, we do that.  This is not a question of how the tz code
>> operates; it works fine.  It's merely a question of the Git
>> version-control system, which complains about trailing white space,
>> because changes to trailing white space cause trivial but annoying
>> differences.  Again, it's just a small thing.
>
> I assume that this complaining is configurable, so it should be a
> straightforward matter to disable it selectively for this file, or if
> that doesn’t work, to disable it entirely.

A .gitattributes file containing the following line would selectively
ignore whitespace problems when applying patches to the
leap-seconds.list file:

leap-seconds.list	-whitespace

See the gitattributes(5) man page for details.

--
-=( Ian Abbott @ MEV Ltd.    E-mail: <abbotti at mev.co.uk> )=-
-=(                          Web: http://www.mev.co.uk/  )=-