[tz] Chile will keep UTC -3 all year round indefinitely

Juan Correa pottersys at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 16:35:30 UTC 2015

You are right: 24Horas.cl wrote the timezones for Chile would be unified at
the time I wrote the message

The press release has been just published on the Ministry website (
http://www.minenergia.cl/ministerio/noticias/generales/ministerio-de-energia-anuncia.html),
and it clarifies the following points:

- Chile will drop DST indefinitely
- There will be 2 timezones: America/Santiago on UTC -3, and Pacific/Easter
on UTC -5

As I pointed before, there's no decree published yet; but probably this
measure will be enforced from this year

--
Juan Correa Poblete
PS Labs (http://www.pslabs.cl)