[tz] Fwd: Quintana Roo change to EST?

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Wed Jan 28 18:29:07 UTC 2015

On 01/18/2015 04:57 PM, Tim Parenti wrote:
> As for 0003, which carves out a new zone for Felipe Carrillo Puerto's
> divergent history, it's not clear the extent to which this is actually
> necessary.  What did FCP actually do between 1998 and the present?
> Would someone calling local offices be effective in helping us find
> out?  (In the meantime, I've simply created this patch so we can at
> least get a sense of what it might look like; I don't actually feel
> that it should be applied at this time until these questions are
> resolved.)

Thanks for preparing those patches.  I think you're right, we're not
enough sure about America/FCP_QRoo to put it in.  I did push it into the
experimental repository, along with some minor followup fixups, but
decided to revert it.  Your other patches look fine, and I've pushed
them with the attached minor additional change (since the Q Roo patch is
more important than the leap second patch).

It's time for a new release soon, what with this and the Chile changes.