[tz] Time Zone Database

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Sat Jan 31 02:04:06 UTC 2015

Antonio Gutierrez wrote:

> We need to update our timezone version of our jdk, but we are not sure it the latest version of tzdata2014j will work fine with our current version of jdk 1.6.
> Could you confirm that there won't be any problem about this?

I know of one compatibility problem with tzdata2014j and Oracle Java.  See:

http://bugs.java.com/view_bug.do?bug_id=8064560

By the way, the latest tz version (as of today) is now tzdata2015a.  This
version should fix the abovementioned compatibility problem.  Also, it's needed
if you want to keep up with this weekend's clock changes in and near Cancún.