[tz] Time zone identifiers in user interfaces

Thu Jul 30 11:17:07 UTC 2015

> On 30 Jul 2015, at 5:18 pm, Paul Eggert <eggert at cs.ucla.edu> wrote:
>
> We can move sections around in the file to put that snippet in the early going, and to emphasize the naming issues earlier.  This entails some rewording to avoid use-before-define problems.  Proposed patch attached (installed on the experimental github version).

Thanks, that looks good.

> I'm not sure what is meant by "a fair bit of leeway".  What would be less leeway, and why would less leeway be desirable?  Can you propose some wording along those lines?

Granted, “a fair bit” was an overstatement. On reflection, I realise my issue was with the text of "(though they can of course examine and reuse existing settings)” – it seemed at odds with the main intention. I see you removed that part in your patch though, which works for me.

Is it worth mentioning CLDR in that section, as a source of better display names?