[tz] Fallback rules?

Robert Elz kre at munnari.OZ.AU
Wed Nov 4 01:33:52 UTC 2015

Oh, I forgot to say in the last reply, that you (always) work out which
rules apply from the Zone line, never from what is in the rules themselves.

For Australia/Brisbane we have (as you indicated...)

  Zone Australia/Brisbane 10:12:08 -      LMT     1895
                          10:00   Aus     AE%sT   1971
                          10:00   AQ      AE%sT

The last of those lines has no "UNTIL" value, hence does not end
(which is normal for a zone specification, time is not expected to
end anywhere I know of, or not anytime within the range of tzdata.)

kre