[tz] A discussion on POSIX on new timezone related C APIs

Christos Zoulas christos at zoulas.com
Thu Nov 12 23:17:55 UTC 2015

On Nov 12,  3:05pm, guy at alum.mit.edu (Guy Harris) wrote:
-- Subject: Re: [tz] A discussion on POSIX on new timezone related C APIs

If we are going to mandate tm_zone in struct tm, we might as well resolve
the issue of where/how it is allocated and who free's it, or do we give it a
fixed buffer. Right now, there is no easy way to return a name, unless we
are returning the name that is in timezone_t, and even that is iffy because
then the lifetime of tm->tm_zone is connected with the timezone_t one...

christos