[tz] News article: Turkey’s plan to ignore daylight saving time has been foiled by smartphones

Carlos M. Martinez carlosm3011 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 04:49:10 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I'm from Uruguay, where we had a *very similar* situation a month ago:

http://www.elobservador.com.uy/uruguayos-llegaron-una-hora-antes-sus-trabajos-n683204

(in Spanish, Google Translate is your friend)

Actually I subscribed to this mailing list after this problem, and out
of interest to learn how time zone maintenance and distribution works.

Thanks!

-Carlos