[tz] Version in zoneinfo files?

lester at lsces.co.uk lester at lsces.co.uk
Wed Oct 28 07:01:20 UTC 2015

THIRD TRY ON THIS BLOODY PHONE!
If the data being used has been normalized using pre-1970 information but the tz service has omitted it then how do you identify the problem. More important how do you provide the correct data? And that is before adding the version of tz data used to do the normalization. The version number is essential data even for current normalized data, backzone just adds to the problem of establishing which data was used. See discussion on tzdist for more detail on managing current timetables which may have changes while one is in flight mode .... and when syncing again differences are flagged via version change.

Sent from my android device so quoting is crap ... need to kill these painful email clients!