[tz] timezone change for antarctica\casey [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Michael Chinn Michael.Chinn at aad.gov.au
Fri Oct 30 05:01:39 UTC 2015

| Can we now assume, do you think, that Casey will be switching back and forth between +0800 and +1100 in accordance with Australian summer time shifts for the forseeable future (that 3 hour offset change will break assumptions made in some code I expect!)

The TZ changes, particularly at Casey, are highly variable, they are based around resupply and flights. They will rarely line up with DST changes, this year there were early flights (leaving tomorrow) and an early insertion of ground crew into Wilkins

| What's useful to know is when it was first founded/settled, what times were in use locally, when they altered (as accurately as possible) and what the prediction is for the future.

I will endeavour to go through the database and pull out the TZ changes, should be able to get 3-4 years.
Regarding predictions, sometimes there are only a couple of days notice on changes much to the anguish of a few wintering expiditioners.
All changes are visible live on the external site (it's the same database)

    Australian Antarctic Division - Commonwealth of Australia
IMPORTANT: This transmission is intended for the addressee only. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are notified that use or dissemination of this communication is
strictly prohibited by Commonwealth law. If you have received this transmission in error,
please notify the sender immediately by e-mail or by telephoning +61 3 6232 3209 and
DELETE the message.
        Visit our web site at http://www.antarctica.gov.au/