[tz] question regarding 'timezone' variable

Kees Dekker Kees.Dekker at infor.com
Tue Sep 1 14:47:42 UTC 2015

Hi,

I rolled back by VS 2015 changes, so it is not very easy to get the compile error. I need to reapply/redo the VS2015 changes to reproduce the problem. If I have time tomorrow to do so, I will try...

It was solved by replacing timezone by _timezone. I figured out this difference by comparing the Visual Studio 2013 and 2015 header files where timezone was defined.

I was actually compiling my own localtime.c, which is a copy of a much older (I guess February 2013) variant of tzcode's locatime.c. Because own customizations were (unfortunately) made in the past, it is not very easy to test the latest github variant.

I consider to turn off USG_COMPAT define, which is IMO pretty weird to have enabled on Windows. That will also solve my issue.

Regards,
Kees