[tz] isstd and isgmt effect

Jason jason.johnson.081 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 07:22:47 UTC 2015

Oh sorry. I meant Universal Time (UT or UTC). In the documentation it always says GMT but my understanding is that UTC has replaced GMT.  In any case, what I'm talking about is in the Olson format, following the ttinfo there are ttisstdcnt boolean values and ttisgmtcnt boolean values.

I'm trying to determine if I need to care about these values and if so, then how. There is some evidence [1] that I can safely ignore them, and the man page for the file format seems to indicate that they are used for some kind of POSIX handling that I won't be doing. But the C code appears to do something with them and I've seen one other library that at least recorded the information.

Hopefully this is a bit more clear, sorry for the confusion.

[1]  http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6317388/timezone-database-file-format-question

Sent from my iPhone