[tz] Proposal: validation text file with releases

Jon Skeet skeet at pobox.com
Fri Apr 29 16:34:01 UTC 2016

I'd been wondering about that myself. I think it's great for some use
cases, less for others. (I can see where sometimes it may not be known.) I
suspect it's more usually useful. Maybe it should be part of the
distributed files, but tools don't need to produce it, and it isn't in the
hash? Indeed, we could have version, then hash, then data...