[tz] Timezone support in UTC format like in Windows 7

Ted Cabeen ted at cabeen.org
Thu Aug 25 17:51:05 UTC 2016

The TZ database only holds data about timezone information designed for
use by computers.  The TZ project does not maintain a database of
identifiers for human use.  Such a database would need to be maintained
for each language, as many locations have different names in different
languages.  (Wien vs Vienna, for example.)

The Unicode CLDR project might be a good place to start:
http://cldr.unicode.org/translation/timezones

--Ted