[tz] Bloomberg on possible Massachusetts time zone shift

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Tue Aug 30 16:22:32 UTC 2016

Arthur David Olson wrote:
> "Massachusetts Could Swap Time Zones for Later Winter Sunsets"

Yes, the goal is for Boston's winter sunsets to rival California's! (Sorry,
Bostonians -- only a major climate change is going to do that....)

In related news, Franklin Dotson wrote that at first he thought California state
Sen. Nielsen was joking when Nielsen said that daylight saving helps crops grow.
Possibly Dotson's first impression was right, though I expect most of the other
senators in the room didn't get the joke. I have privately written to the Sacbee
reporter suggesting that when quoting Nielsen in the future he should be wary
about further outbursts of a dry sense of humor.

Dotson F. Crops don’t care what time it is. Sacramento Bee, 2016-08-25.
http://www.sacbee.com/opinion/letters-to-the-editor/article97904022.html