[tz] Earth's day lengthens by two milliseconds a century

Steve Allen sla at ucolick.org
Thu Dec 8 23:45:54 UTC 2016

On Thu 2016-12-08T16:35:15 -0700, Brian Inglis hath writ:
> No worries - thought that might be case - didn't want possibly spurious
> ref cited as a summary in distributed files - URI year made me suspicious
> - those guys have published a fair amount on the same topics over the
> decades - seem like pretty rigorous treatments - Canon/NASA summary
> polynomials appeared less uniform than the authors' current tables.

Except that Morrison and Stephenson and Hohenkerk only show the past.
NASA polynomials attempt to predict the future, but (as seen in the
data of this new publication) to their peril.

--
Steve Allen                    <sla at ucolick.org>              WGS-84 (GPS)
UCO/Lick Observatory--ISB 260  Natural Sciences II, Room 165  Lat  +36.99855