[tz] Request to add entry to "Programmatic interfaces that map geographical coordinates"

Evan Siroky evan.siroky at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 12 17:20:10 UTC 2016

The package tz-lookup and geo-tz are independent of each other.  As far as I know, the major difference between the two is the data source that is used.  geo-tz is released under the MIT license.
Feel free to link to the timezone tag.  Although in my opinion a lot of the packages aren't the best because they don't get updated frequently enough with changes to the timezone db.
Evan

    On Saturday, 10 December 2016, 12:02, Paul Eggert <eggert at cs.ucla.edu> wrote:

 Evan Siroky via tz wrote:
> I maintain a node.js library that looks up the timezone name at a GPS coordinate.  The project is called geo-tz:  https://www.npmjs.com/package/geo-tz  My library uses data produced from timezone-boundary-builder.  Can you please add an entry to tz-link.html for my project?

What's a good way to do that? Currently tz-link.htm says:

How should the relationship between tz-lookup and geo-tz be described? Also,
what's the license for geo-tz? It is not obvious from its web page.

In looking at <https://www.npmjs.com/browse/keyword/timezone> I see several more
Node.js time zone packages that seem relevant. Perhaps we should link to that page?