[tz] Spain may change time

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Tue Dec 13 07:44:12 UTC 2016

Steve Allen wrote:
> Lots of news agencies are picking up a possible change of time in Spain.

Yes, that change seems quite plausible. However, that news report merely says
Fátima Báñez (the minister of employment and social security in Spain) wants to
move Spain from +01/+02 to +00/+01. Since the news report also says the PP (the
political party she's a member of) already agreed to this in August, there's
nothing new there that I can see.

More interesting to me is that the Reuters article said that Franco moved the
clocks ahead to "be in line with Adolf Hitler's Nazi Germany". We don't have any
record of such a switch in our database, I expect because Shanks is wrong.