[tz] Spain may change time

Clive D.W. Feather clive at davros.org
Tue Dec 13 19:29:13 UTC 2016

Randal L. Schwartz said:
> And it might be a translation error, but the article implied moving
> Spain to "GMT", which would be a non-DST timezone, although also
> suggesting they'd move to the same timezone as the UK.  A common
> mistake.

They'd still be subject to the EU Summer Time Directive, so it has to mean
GMT+0/GMT+1 or UTC+0/UTC+1 (I forget which term the Spanish version of the
Directive uses). That would put them in line with Portugal as well as the
sun.

--
Clive D.W. Feather          | If you lie to the compiler,
Email: clive at davros.org     | it will get its revenge.