[tz] Spain may change time

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Tue Dec 13 22:10:01 UTC 2016

On 12/13/2016 12:13 PM, Tim Parenti wrote:

> I can't read Spanish, but skimming the tables in that article, it
> seems a lot of switches in the 1910s–1930s were legally at 25:00.

I see "25:00" only in the tables, not in the text. So possibly the
author is putting in entries to make the values "right" rather than
attempting to exactly copy the legislation.

That paper is quite helpful. Attached is a proposed patch to fix the tz
entries to agree with the paper's for Europe/Madrid. There are still
several gaps outside Madrid (and even in Madrid during the chaos of its
fall in 1939).