[tz] Astrakhan region got approval to change its time zone

Arthur David Olson arthurdavidolson at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 03:21:52 UTC 2016

Slightly outside the box: for long-ago times, "LMT" is used to cover a
multitude of cases; "LST" (Local Standard Time) (in some cases, in
conjunction with "LDT") could used for all those (new) cases where an
abbreviation isn't known. (Alternately, just "LOCAL"could be used rather
than "LST" and "LDT", avoiding a conflict with Latvian Standard Time.)

    @dashdashado