[tz] NIST leap-second file not yet updated

Clive D.W. Feather clive at davros.org
Wed Feb 17 23:56:05 UTC 2016

Martin Burnicki said:
> I've just received a reply from Christian Bizouard, the new head of the
> IERS Earth Orientation Center.

Well done.

> He agrees with my proposal to add a copyright notice to the IERS leap
> second file, which expresses that the file can freely be copied, and
> asks for a proposal for an appropriate wording.
>
> I'm also not neither too familiar with legal stuff concerning copyright,
> nor is English my native language, so eventually someone can propose a
> simple sentence which can be added to the leap second file.

Try:

"The copyright holder grants permission for any person to publish copies
of this file without royalty or other payment provided that any such copy
is of the complete file without alterations and is accompanied by the URL
of this original file."

--
Clive D.W. Feather          | If you lie to the compiler,
Email: clive at davros.org     | it will get its revenge.