[tz] NIST leap-second file not yet updated

Russ Allbery eagle at eyrie.org
Thu Feb 18 04:07:45 UTC 2016

Brian Inglis <Brian.Inglis at systematicsw.ab.ca> writes:

> This does not seem to apply to civil law regimes which do not have the
> concept of estoppel e.g. Scotland, Quebec, continental Europe, about
> 2/3 of the world, where property rights are statutory so cannot be
> relinquished or waived but can only be granted to others.

Well, that language does kind of try to do both.  But yeah.  I'm not sure
there's a great way to word this, which is why CC0 is so long.  This is
the only shorter text I'm personally aware of that came from an actual
lawyer, which is why I always hung on to it.

--
Russ Allbery (eagle at eyrie.org)              <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>