[tz] Egypt cancelled DST

Brian Inglis Brian.Inglis at systematicsw.ab.ca
Tue Jul 5 21:58:41 UTC 2016

Egyptian [and other governments unable to plan ahead] folks,

Please ask your goverments to provide a month or six notice in
official announcements of time zone or daylight saving changes,
and make them aware that software developers, local and
international organizations, and global software providers
have policies and processes to follow and standards to meet,
so need adequate time to create, generate, test, and rollout
updates, to avoid the same problems caused by politicians
making announcements of changes without adequate notice.

See any major software provider's web pages about daylight
savings and time zone changes for their notice requirements.

Picking the US Independence Day long weekend and the start of
Eid to announce a change did not make things easier for anyone.

"Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7_Ps_(military_adage)
https://www.google.com/search?q=poor+planning+on+your+part+does+not+constitute+an+emergency+author&num=100&newwindow=1&as_qdr=all&site=webhp&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&biw=1143&bih=1002

EgyptAir finally has an announcement on their rolling news header
linking to:
http://www.egyptair.com/en/about-egyptair/news-and-press/Pages/CANCELLATION%20OF%20DAYLIGHT%20SAVING%20TIMING.aspx